Daisypath Ticker

10/15/2007

LATI

I already posted about my project mostly because I was so excited about that but I thought I should have a post about my first few weeks doing LATI. I've been super busy not just with LATI but with other stuff too. So I hadn't gotten a chance to reflect yet on any of the first weeks assignments. For starters I'm already done 23 things and I'm really glad because its nice to already have something finished. The confidentiality and wild card modules (which are pretty much the same thing) were a nice intro to some procedures and ideas. I disagreed with the Crossman article about VIVO technology. The written language will always be sticking around. As we create new technologies written word is very important.
However the article about the Bookless Libraries did have some good ideas. I graduated from Towson University in 2006 and I rarely used the library for its books while I was a student there. And if I did use the library for books it was for a major research paper that required 2 book sources. Mostly I used the journals, which I accessed from databases while in the comfort of my dorm room in most situations. I did use it for a video I had to watch for class that I couldn't find anywhere else and some teachers would have extra study materials only available at the library. I didn't even use the computers that much because Cook Library was a decent walk up a lot of steps from the Union and most of my classes and since most of the buildings had computer labs or rental laptops if I needed to use a computer I would just use one of those instead of making the hike.
All the information about confidentiality was good to know but a lot of it I had already learned when I started or during the past year since then. But it was still good to read about it since its such an important subject. I keep my county's What to do if Law Enforcement arrives asking for records on my desk so its easy to grab in case that were to happen.

No comments: