Daisypath Ticker

11/17/2007

LATI Days

On Wednesday I had the programming day of LATI. Although I thought the information that was presented was good being from the same county as the presenters meant that I'd heard most of it previously. But I think it was important to include. I would have liked more on teen programing since I'm always trying to get ideas to do for that.
I enjoyed going to the central branch of Enoch Pratt Free Library. For starters the library is fun to look at especially the ceilings and lobby. Its a very impressive building. However I also learned a lot about things I can take back to my branch. I grabbed a ton of their reading lists for YAs to help with reader's advisory questions. They were very nicely broken up into genres, interests and a special short books list for the reluctant reader. I also am excited to learn they get public viewing rights for a lot of their movies (with the exception of the big Hollywood ones) so it might be possible to do a movie night or something for teens without having to pay for the public viewing rights. I found how they filed everything very interesting although I think it would be confusing with all those departments overlapping in certain areas. And it could be even more confusing if you have a patron that isn't exactly sure what they want. In the afternoon I went to the workshop Mother Goose on the Loose. It was very fun and gave me some new ideas to do at story time although I mostly do story times with older kids.

No comments: