Daisypath Ticker

8/03/2007

Downloadable Audio Books

I explored the various web sites connected with downloadable audio books. I was impressed by how many title were available to checkout. I followed the directions on the overdrive tutorial. I used my fiance's laptop to download overdrive and actually listen to a bit of an audio book just so I would actually know how to to do it. However there are a bunch of titles that are missing such as the Harry Potter books, which are amazing in their audio versions. I thought Project Gutemburg was really neat too. I hope in the future more and more titles are available online although I know patrons will probably have mixed reactions to that. I ended up downloading Bread and Roses Too by Kathrine Paterson. It wasn't a book that I was really eager to read but I had seen a review of it while ago and it sounded interesting.

No comments: