Daisypath Ticker

6/13/2007

Digital Cameras

I have owned and operated a variety of digital cameras since my first one that I received when I was in tenth grade. My first digital camera was a Cannon Elf one and the best thing about it was that it was tiny. It was easy to carry everywhere I went and fit nicely in my purse. I can't recall the specifics about how good it was but lets just say the pictures were clear enough but nothing especially fabulous. Its zoom was just about nothing, which I hated but made do not having the ability to zoom in. It had a rechargeable battery, which I hated because it always seemed to run out when I wanted my camera the most! I took it to Europe twice though and that camera served me well. Finally it died a slow and painful death where I first lost the LCD screen then the door the battery compartment then finally it stopped working all together. Here are a few pictures taken with it:


My next camera was a hand me down camera from my dad. I'm not sure about any of the particulars except its pictures were clearer then my old one and it was a cannon. It was bigger but still small enough to carry around. Just not tiny like the elf. It used the same type of memory cards and took AA batteries, which was nice because I could always just carry batteries with me. However it went through them quickly and kept having problems. At one point you had to shake the camera before you could take a picture. I used both the elf and this one in hopes that one of them would work. Here are some pictures I took with it:


My current camera is my favorite by far. I researched it on epinions to make sure it was the right camera for me and would meet my requirements. I wanted it to take AAA so no rechargeable battery. And I wanted to have zoom since that was one of the things I thought would have made the elf a GREAT camera. I found all these things in the Kodak Easy Share Z740. The camera can take 5 mega pixels pictures and while its the largest camera I've owned its relatively small. There is even an attachment if you want to zoom in on a subject. I LOVE this camera, although I suppose as technology progresses and I get a new camera I will love that one even more. The camera was a gift from my 21st birthday although I didn't receive it until the summer because my dad wanted me to think about which camera I wanted and research it before we could buy one. Here are some pictures from this camera:



What camera would I like to own next? I've been told a Canon Digital Rebel is a great camera. I'd like to have more stabilization since sometimes my photos come out blurry. And I want it to take AAA batteries. Medium size would be good since most of the small ones are either really expensive or poor cameras.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have a Canon Digital Rebel EOS. Awesome camera for sure! :)

Love the pics..so cool!