Daisypath Ticker

6/19/2007

Flickr

I really enjoy flickr! I've played around with it before and really like being able to share pictures with people in such an easy fashion. I think its much better then emailing pictures or Yahoo! pictures. I also like the small squares to give you a glimpse of the shots because sometimes those squares show a much more artistic and beautiful picture then you took. Of course other times they cut off people's heads. Yahoo! photos is also nice but you can't search if your looking for particular photos and it doesn't say the type of camera used to capture the image.

The various toys are lots of fun. I could play with those all day! Here are a few ones that I had the most fun and was happiest with the result. The trading card maker was fun although this like other Flickr toys require some degree of creativity, which I found difficult today. I decided to use my picture although I typically hate all pictures of me since I tend to have that deer caught in headlights with a way too big smile that looks fake look.
The captioner was lots of fun. I think of all the toys this was my favorite since it allowed you to adjust how you added things on the picture. I found lots of the ones that just did stuff to your picture without much ability to customize cut off important aspects of the picture. And if I went through all my pictures including the ones that came out pretty poorly I think I could have a lot of fun with this toy!


The on black toy was nice. It sure does make a picture look a lot nicer to see it on a black background. However it wasn't one of the more fun toys since you really aren't doing anything but seeing the picture on black. But nice nevertheless.



There were other toys that I enjoyed such as the random picture and the photo stream. Its fun looking at all the picture that I've uploaded. I'll probably end up fooling around some more with the various toys at home.

No comments: