Daisypath Ticker

6/01/2007

More Orientation Responses

This is part of orientation. I submitted a question to CTR about how long has Corky been the mascot. The contact us portion was very simple and straightforward. Its easy to locate on the website although I think most patrons with a burning question will be calling or coming into the branch so I wonder how many questions they get via email at CTR.
For Ask Us Now! I picked a bit more fun question after consulting about what to ask with a co-worker I asked the Frederick County Librarian who was in the chat what the weirdest question they'd ever been asked. He said it was a young lady asking if he could take her to her prom when he was just starting out as a librarian. The chat method is easy to use and quick too! And would definately be good if you just need a bit of assistance in finding some information or had a very general library question.
I think these services are really great although I would imagine that phone CTR would be the most helpful since it seems a lot of people struggle with technology and want an immediate response.

1 comment:

readslikecrazy said...

Erin,

CTR is currently receiving roughly 140 Ask Your Librarian emails per month.
We do our best to check this account at least once an hour during CTR's hours, which begin at 8 am.

Although some questions could be answered more quickly if the customer called, I think it's evident that many people prefer electronic communication.

Sandy