Daisypath Ticker

6/04/2007

Teamwork Room

This is the last room where I had to respond to questions so it'll be my last orientation post unless I end up coming back to reflect upon it later or an unfinished part is finished and blog questions are added. Anyways this room was very easy and not too informative for me but that's mainly because I'm already on two system wide teams and the team leader for a branch team. And when I became a team leader the branch manager gave me oodles to read about teams and teamwork, which covered everything in this room and more. Nevertheless I think the information here was good especially for somebody newer who hadn't yet joined a team.
Here is a link the Umbrella Group's most recent wiki page where you can review their minutes and see team updates.
The names of two system wide teams that are currently operating are Summer reading and the proactive customer service team. I'm a member of both of these teams. With summer reading we plan out the summer reading program (which kicked off on Saturday) and organize everything for it. This is quite a bit of stuff to do because performers need to be booked, we get incentives donated and lots more. But its a very fun team to be a member of and the program seems to be off to a good start, which is really nice to see. The proactive customer service team addresses new ideas about customer service and looks to bring them to our library system. At the moment we're very focused on bringing roving reference to our library system. I like this team a lot too because I think we have a great chance to really improve the customer service here (although its already very, very good). Being on this team also keeps me up to date with brand new customer service ideas that are happening in other systems. One team in my branch is the YA team, which I'm the team leader. We're having our first meeting on Friday and that's when we'll start planning programing and other wonderful things for the Young Adults that come to our library. Anyways this final blog post was probably supposed to be a few sentences yet I've just gone on and on! Oops!

No comments: