Daisypath Ticker

7/09/2007

Del.icio.us

I've used online places to store bookmarks before. When I was at Towson a course I took on technology in education required us to find 5 websites for science, social studies, math and reading that could be useful for teaching children those subjects. And we stored those bookmarks online, although I now forget what the website was called. However Del.icio.us is a much better choice in my opinion to that website because it stored things in folders instead of by tags. Using tags would be much more helpful for a multi-faceted website. Such as one that math and reading things for kids. I really like tags to organize things. I created my own Del.icio.us account and added a few of my favorite websites including two Harry Potter websites, a site that lists historical fiction for kids and a site with tax forums. The last two are ones I've found very helpful at work. During tax season the one with tax forums was a great help and the historical fiction one helped me when I had a historical fiction display in the children's section.

I also liked the social networking aspect of Del.icio.us because its a great way to find people with similar interests and find similiar sites that you may enjoy. Such as following the tag Harry_Potter allowed me to find the Leaky Cauldron, another Harry Potter fansite. This makes this online bookmarking website even better. I plan to use it to hold onto important links. Here is my Del.icio.us:


No comments: