Daisypath Ticker

7/28/2007

Web 2.0 Award Sites

I decided to check out some websites from Web 2.0 award winners. There were lots of them to choose from so I explored a couple. I really liked Yelp it was interesting to look up places and hear what other people have to say about them and could prove really helpful if you were trying to pick out a new restaurant or something. My only complaint is a lot of places weren't reviewed. I hope Yelp catches on so there is a more complete list of reviewed places.
I've had a Facebook account for over a year now so I didn't re-explore that website but it was cool to see it was listed. I like that facebook seems to me a more subdued version of myspace. You can still list people as your friends and create a profile and post pictures but you don't have music blasting whenever you click on some body's page and it seems fewer people put inappropriate pictures up on facebook.
I'd also used Zillow before but didn't recognize it immediately. Its a very nice way to get an idea for the housing market. However they seemed to be missing a LOT of houses that I know are on sale having looked at them on other housing directories or driven past signs advertising that they were for sale.
I checked out Fuzzmail and sent one to my fiance. And it definitely seemed like a interesting idea although I can't imagine using it on a regular basis. Overall the award winning websites were interesting and I think I may visit this page later at home to play around with even more with them!

No comments: