Daisypath Ticker

7/24/2007

Google Spreadsheets

I tried out Google spreadsheets doing a mock budget of the one I use Microsoft excel for at home. I was hoping that it would be easy because then I could keep my wedding budget online and make it easier for people (my fiance, father and myself) to access. However I wasn't happy with Google spreadsheets. It was easy enough to enter the information but when it came time to create a formula it took me awhile to figure it out and seemed very difficult to create a range. I tried for awhile but it just didn't work very well and when I finally figured it out I felt it was too much work. Anyways by keeping it on my computer its easy to manage who accesses it and the changes they make.
While online documents are cool I think I'll mostly stick to the normal Word just for ease of use because I already know how to do most things that I want the program to do. However if I ever need to create a document and don't have Word available or I am without anywhere to save it (which doesn't ussually happen since I have Yahoo! briefcase to upload files that I need to save). But I still thought this technology was very neat and fun to play around with and with time I may start actually using it on a regular basis.

1 comment:

chunkinchomer said...

Just web browsing and noticed your blog. You have an interesting site. And your pictures of your nephew are cute - you have a beautiful family.

Come visit us at chunkinchomer.blogspot.com

And be sure to leave a comment, we read them to the kids.