Daisypath Ticker

7/02/2007

Avatars

I tried creating avatars on various sites. Here are my avatars and my feelings about the creation process based on ease and ability to customize.

Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland
The avatars you can create on Yahoo! are fun to create and you can customize them to a certain extent. However being an avid player of Sims2 it was disapointing to not be able to further customize every aspect of the face. I suppose the avatar I created looks somewhat like me but not that much. I also felt that too many of the pants were too lowrise and the shirts too high up allowing your tummy to show, which wasn't the look I wanted. But its free and everything is free so there is no disapointment of having it all set and then discovering that you can't actually use it without paying. Getting dressed was difficult because there aren't catagories so if you just want to look at jeans then you need to go through all the bottoms instead of just looking at the jeans. The ability to show emotion through your avatar was nice though.



Meez was a lot more fun the yahoo! I really liked the animations and the breakdown of catagories. It was a lot easier to dress this avatar and I liked that you could customize the nose. And there were more hair options that didn't look quite as overly styled as Yahoo! avatar's hair. The animations were fun to add but the coolest items cost money, which is very disapointing. But it was fun and you can save multiple looks for you meez so bellow is my meez trying to deal with the copier. I may have had a bit too much fun with this thing.















And just so you know what I really look like here is a picture of me:

No comments: